Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Cheese! ...

I had a bit of cheese left in the fridge from my earlier cookie-baking exploits. (Thank you, nice Greek lady, for not allowing me to buy the small quantity I requested.) But I wasn't about to bake more cookies. And I certainly couldn't bear the thought of wasting cheese.

So, being the cheese-loving logical sort that I am, I thought the best course of action would be to make a version of saganaki.

I dipped the slices of cheese in a bit of milk and then dredged them in a bit of seasoned flour and then placed them in a pan in which I'd melted some butter, let them brown on each side, took them out, hit them with a bit of lemon, snapped a picture, and dug in.

I didn't douse them with brandy and set 'em on fire. I thought that would be unwise. I'll leave that to the pros.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home