Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Fudge Crispies ...

Angelo made Rice Krispie Treats, and bid farewell to his lofty plans to tuck his shirt into his pants.

I suggested that, by volume, the pan in the picture contained as much air as Treat and that he'd be fine.

I am so good at rationalizing vices. Truly, it's a gift.

And I would have gotten away with it if he hadn't revealed that he sometimes dips his Treats into peanut butter and/or dark chocolate.

"Oh," I replied. "Should I tell you about the chocolate version I make?"

"No, you should not," came his reply. "Tell others."

So here we are.

I don't have a photograph of these because I haven't made them in eleventymillion years, but it was fun to flip through my recipe file to find the recipe card.

I have a lot of good recipes in there.

I should make some of them sometime.

But I digress.

Here, then, for others (that'd be you), definitely not Angelo (look away, mister), is the recipe.

Angelo?

You're still reading, aren't you?

Good man.


Fudge Crispies

1/2 cup butter (That's one stick, kids. No need to gunk up a measuring cup.)
1 10 1/2-ounce package mini marshmallows
1 6-ounce package semisweet chocolate chips
1 teaspoon vanilla
4 cups Rice Krispies

In a large saucepan over low heat, melt butter. Add marshmallows. Cook and stir until marshmallows melt. Remove from heat. Add chocolate chips and vanilla. Stir until chips are melted. Stir in cereal. Turn into lightly buttered 8-inch square baking pan. Chill. Cut into bars. Store covered at room temperature. (Though, with the weather here these days, I'd store them in the fridge.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home