Monday, September 19, 2011

The Latest Crumb ...

I am building my cookie empire one crumb at a time.

Nearly three years ago, my cousin Patty informed me of a cookie-photography contest at Fine Cooking.

I had taken to taking pictures of my holiday cookies (which was the impetus for this blog), so why not enter, right?

As I wrote then, "And if I don't win, the exposure of my photos (no pun intended) certainly can't hurt. Who knows who might discover my closeted, food-styling self?"

Who, indeed?

The staff of Fine Cooking. But they were more interested in one of the recipes, which ended up in Issue 102 (December 2009/January 2010).

Then, last year, I spied this special issue and flipped to the table of contents to see if my biscotti was included.

Yup.

And then today, I received an email blast from Fine Cooking hawking a cookie cookbook.

And I wondered if my biscotti had found its way into those pages, too.

So I poked around on Google and Amazon to peek inside and see if I could find it.

Yup. There it was, in the table of contents and in the index. And there I was, under Contributors.

That's a lot of mileage out of one cookie, for a journey that began with a photo, not a recipe!

My thanks to Patty for the initial nudge.

2 Comments:

Blogger mrsben said...

CONGRATS BETH. Well earned!
-Brenda-

4:24 PM  
Blogger Beth said...

Oh, that's dear. Thank you!

4:45 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home